Monday, September 5, 2011

Pebble Mat Tutorial

It's Sunday again; as it seems to be the only day of the week I can sit down and compose enough words to actually call it a blog post. I've been busy doing my own thing this week so I didn't push the group like I know I should have. My ultimate goal for Craft Happily is to have enough members/contributors to have one or two admin to share the load with. It can become a bit overwhelming all alone. If any of my daily/weekly posters would like to be considered for admin, let me know. I'm willing to share :)

I want to do a spotlight on a dear friend of mine. Her name is Pandasuras and she makes beautiful jewelry/purses/tutus and much more. I recently purchased a custom tutu from her. I wanted it to fit a newborn-24 months in brown and turquoise for photo shoots. The result was even better than I ever could have imagined! I can't wait for kids to be smiling in this!!

After I took the first photo I realized it could also be used a centerpiece (since I requested such a small size) so I had to photograph it as well. You can check Pandasaurus out here.


Now on to the Pebble Mat tutorial.

Thanks to "After I finish this row..." for sharing this with the world! You can find step by step instructions here.

Dollar Store crafts=happy day!

What is your take on this project? I think it has many possibilities to become even more than just a pebble mat. Maybe add mixed media to it (paper, metal) then frame it as a wall hanging! Thoughts?

Until next time, Craft Happily!


No comments:

Post a Comment