Wednesday, December 14, 2011

Give Old Shoes New Life-Notes from the Bench Tutorial

I came across a link on Twitter a few days ago for using fabric and Mod Podge to give an old pair of ballet flats new life. I have several pairs (as I grow older they are a staple in my wardrobe) but was curious if the Mod Podge really stood up to the test.

Take a look at the fabulous tutorial from Notes from the Bench. She provides a link to the original post with step by step directions that look easy as pie. I LOVE the fabric she chose for her flats. Purple is my favorite color and the geometrical design keeps it fresh.



I can't wait to try this out! Who knows I might re-fabric all of my flats! If you're going to dream, dream big!

How is everyone handling the holidays? Christmas shopping complete? Presents wrapped? If you are like me, you are far from finished!

Let's hope we can all keep our sanity this holiday season and remember to Craft Happily!

2 comments:

  1. Again, Mod Podge is all things to all people! :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes it is! I think it's brilliant she chose the outdoor Mod Podge to help seal against water.

    ReplyDelete